You Will Know Me


Author: Megan Abbott
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company


Summary: Katie Knox & her husband have sacrificed a lot for their daughter Devon, a rising star in the gymnastics world who is destined for the Olympics. A lot is riding on Devon's shoulders to make it big & Katie admires the singular focus Devon has when she's competing. Their gymnastics community though is hit hard by a violent death which threatens to distract Devon, disrupt the gym, & possibly tear the Knox family apart.


Review: I can sum this book up in one word: predictable. Not good for a mystery/thriller. I had the entire plot figured out fairly early on in the book & I'm one who can be fairly gullible. There are a few red herrings thrown the readers way but it's not very convincing & introduced so early on that you know that can't be the truth.



 On the good side it was a quick & light summer read. The death was not gruesome or disturbing unlike some other thrillers, so that is a plus for those looking for something not quite so dark. I would not discount the author based on this one book alone but certainly feel it was forgettable.


Rating: 



HAVE YOU READ THIS BOOK OR HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS POST TO SHARE?

 JOIN THE DISCUSSION BELOW!

2 comments

  1. I love a good book but this book just doesn't seem my type. I just started to get into mysteries so I'm glad I read this blog and didn't buy it. Great post.

    Kia | Kiasalter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely wouldn't suggest this as a good mystery. The Tana French books are some of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.